Dr. Andreas Jahnke
Managing Director, Head of Market Europe & Asia-Pacific
Dr. Jahnke has been Managing Director of Lufthansa Consulting since 2012.
He has profound expertise in the aviation business with a specialist focus on logistics, process management and optimization. He has also gained extensive experience in international management and corporate development. Furthermore he is familiar with IT project management and software implementation.
Recent assignments & responsibilities
- Development of a new Lufthansa Cargo Center (LCC) with a handling capacity of 2 million tons
- Operation of the Lufthansa Cargo Service Center FRA (services for freight forwarders)
- Development and operation of a Hub Control Center for Lufthansa Cargo in FRA
- Execution of several cost reduction programs
- Development and operation of two retail distribution centers in the Czech Republic
- Process management and purchasing of logistic services for Germany and in six Eastern European countries
- Vice President Handling Frankfurt, Lufthansa Cargo AG
- Managing Director Logistics, Kaufland Stiftung & Co. KG
- Founder and CEO, Benelog AG
- Management Consultant, The Boston Consulting Group
- PhD (Dr. rer. nat) Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich and Yale University, Connecticut, USA
- Diploma in Biology Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen-Nuremberg
Outside the office
Dr. Jahnke is a water sports enthusiast and particularly enjoys diving in different regions of the world. During the intensive assignment in the Czech Republic he took great pleasure in getting to know the beautiful country and rich culture. Dr. Jahnke is married and has three sons.