Head of Market Middle East
Alexander Manakos is one of the Partners at Lufthansa Consulting. He is responsible for the business in the Middle East. He has worked in the consulting business for more than ten years specializing in restructuring, business planning & development, and air cargo. His experience includes projects for airlines in the Middle East and Africa, like EgyptAir, Saudi Airlines, Oman Air, Gulf Air and also international airports, like e.g. Cairo Airport.
Recent assignments & responsibility
- Feasibility study for airline start-up in the Middle East, Project Lead for technical due diligence and financial planning
- Maintenance cost saving program for an Airline in the Middle East, Project Lead for identification of cost savings and implementation planning
- Business planning for cooperation of two executive jet operators the in Middle East, Project Lead for feasibility study and business planning
- Development of HR and Remuneration Concept for MRO company in Africa, Project Lead for new remuneration concept and HR key functions
- Evaluation of freighter operation for an airline in the Middle EastProject Lead for feasibility of operation of full freighter aircraft
- Functional & performance improvement program for an airline in Africa, Project Manager, leading cargo commercial stream, coordinating entire project team with underlying work streams
- Principal Air Cargo Unit, Lufthansa Consulting, Germany
- General Manager The Americas, Lufthansa Cargo Charter, Chicago, USA
- Product Manager “td.Pro” (Lufthansa Cargo’s time definite service in the standard cargo segment), Lufthansa Cargo, Frankfurt/M., Germany
- BA (Hons.) in Business Administration from the University of Applied Sciences in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Outside the office
Mr Manakos enjoys spending quality time with his family, playing golf, and running, as far as his schedule allows. He is interested in international relations and politics, particularly in the Middle East and he loves reading for pleasure.
Mobile: +49 173 5373857
Regional Market: Middle East