African Airlines Association (AFRAA), in partnership with Lufthansa Consulting and Kenya Airways will hold a high level virtual workshop on Airlines Consolidation on 14 September 2021 from 13:00 – 16:30hrs (East Africa Time) in virtual format.
Objectives and Target Audience
This important workshop for airline CEOs, C-level representatives and African air transport decision makers at policy level will provide an in-depth background of consolidation of airlines and an awareness of the challenges as well as the benefits of consolidation. Case studies will be made by selected airline CEOs during the workshop to enrich the discussions with first-hand experiences. The workshop will:
- Analyze the current market situation in Africa, overcapacities and its consequences;
- Analyze the impacts of consolidation for African airlines, passengers, cargo, air transport growth and connectivity;
- Share consolidation experiences among African airlines to provide stakeholders an understanding of the attributes and challenges of consolidation.
- Discuss possible consolidation strategies for African Airlines
- Sensitize stakeholders on the regulatory framework governing airlines consolidation
- Sensitize States, Regional Economic Communities, financial institutions, multilateral agencies and African airlines on the benefits and challenges of consolidation.
Please click here to visit the AFRAA event page and register
Click here to view the agenda